Thursday, July 5, 2018

The Bamboo lessons


Bamboo is the most useful plant on earth. It is also considered pious in Hindu religion.
Chatt puja cannot be complete without bamboo sup and daura.

Even in our marriage rituals bamboo plant and sup is considered auspicious.

One cannot deny the fact that how it mitigate water pollution by absorbing nitrogen. Its large canopy and root system prevents soil erosion. The most special quality for which it is known is  its elasticity.

The new bride who is about to start her life is also taught the bamboo lesson. No matter what the circumstances they are asked to hold the family together.

The responsibility of maintaining high nose of family are passed on to her shoulder .She is asked to swallow every worse thing silently and if they fail to do so, they have nowhere to go.

However, one thing we forget that,if bamboo is overstretched it will be break. If not polished properly can hurt your hands.

I was a child in 3rd or 4th grade,when I first heard about this lessons.

A beautiful girl was married in our extended family. She was highly educated a gold medalist in sanskrit .She was capable enough to grab a job.

As she got married in a wealthy family,she was denied of opportunity to join a job. She didn't rebel and accepted their decision willingly for the peace of family.

Later on I always saw ladies gossiping about her all the time.”She does not have manner, she goes out regularly, always do her manmani “ which if I see today I feel absurd.

 How come Organizing a birthday party ,going out for dinner or movies can hurt someones sentiment.She knew what she lost,so she kept herself busy in imparting best of education to her twin daughters.

The other reason was after twins she went for family planning.Now the chance of having a BETA ,DHAN KA LOTA was gone.

I was very fond of her so my mother,as she always talks about education,fashion and many progressive thing.We children adore her very much as she was fun far far away from what we saw ladies doing in our family.

One day ,I visited her and I saw aunty,her mother in law,doing morning prayers in courtyard,praying to son God and asking loudly for a POTA,as if God was actually there.

I went inside and saw her smiling,I asked to whom aunty is talking so loudly.She said ,nothing new.I asked again then she said "Am I Kunti of MAhabharta that God will come and bless me a son.

She know ,I am happy with my daughters,still want me to have a son who will take her to Swarg".

After few years,the torture increased to have a son,then she disclosed her family planning thing and left their house forever with their daughters.

She didn't went to her parents house rather started her own book shop in a collage from their she completed her PhD and today she is sanskrit dept HOD in reputed University.

Her husband though loved her a lot,but didn't have courage to defy her parents.However,the love of her girls love couldn't keep her away.

While imparting bamboo lessons to our girls we forget they too need oxygen.A space,an atmosphere and above all patience to let them grow.

In same manner you cannot keep someone tied in chain. They are human,they have the right to enjoy their life too.They don't insult you,speak absurd thing, and keep on doing her job properly .

If for a while they go out why you get nervous or become insecure ?

Grow up!  Era of bamboo lesson is over. Being judgmental will not harp happiness but only chaos n sorrow.

2 comments:

  1. great to see u challenging the orthodox society by bringing forward and sharing ur experiences with the world.. Kudos !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you dear,it's posible all because of u.

    ReplyDelete

Stop O Men !! Or I abort you in womb!

Sneha asked me where are you planning to go this weekend? I answered Nowhere!! She asked me out for a movie,but I rejected. Actuall...